Used two post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCfan

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 2WD
Engine Size
I looked at a used two post lift to give my old body a break. Can't find anywhere to buy the floor mounting hardware. I'm certain they'll destroy the floor bolts when it is removed. Where might I buy this hardware at?

Old Guy Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You really want a footer under those posts.
They usually are 3/4” diameter concrete anchors, the length would be for the thickness of the concrete. Big box stores may have those, not sure.

BBCfan

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 2WD
Engine Size
I checked with the local dealer and got a no go. Northwest PA is so ridiculous at getting anyone to do anything that I generally don't bother with dealers and that is why. They didn't even want to setup the main posts and leave the upper half to me....lotta ******* in my area! I don't plan on anything heavier than 4500 lbs on a 7000# Rotary lift. I think my barn is 4"-5" thick where I plan on setting it up. I will drill a couple of holes to verify that. I will also rig up some type of a jackstand system in case something were to go wrong I'll have a extra couple seconds to react. Don't like being under heavy things at all.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
If I didn't know for sure what my floor was,and by that I mean reinforced,or not. I would cut 2 sections out and pour slabs with j bolts to mount it. Minimum I'd throw down steel plates if I wasn't going to pour mounting pads. The plates will spread the load over a greater area and allow more mounting holes to be drilled across a larger area.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Yeah, need deep enough and wide enough footings and sufficient mounting bolts, otherwise it's just an accident waiting to happen. 4 to 5 inches of non-reinforced slab will fail sooner than later and you will potentially be under the vehicle when it does. Or a family member or pet. It's worth the effort to install it with sound engineering in mind. Safety first!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
What @Ricko1966 said.
If you are just putting it on a typical garage slab, you won’t have enough depth to get full embedment on the concrete anchors.
Anchor posts to substantial steel foot plates. Anchor plates to floor over a larger surface area.
However it sounds like you maybe should get someone else to install it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OurDually