The Best Carburetor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YardPickerUpper

Reaction score
First Name
Svengoolie
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350 5.7l
Wow, this post really popped off. I appreciate everyone's input, after some consideration I think I'm gonna go with a Holley 600 cfm street performer on summit and an edelbrock performer intake, unless I can find something for cheap that I can rebuild lol, I know they're out there. Good to see that there's an active forum out here for once!

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
A lot of people like like Holley carbs because they are in fact the best.
This is great!
..none are sent straight from God himself (though the Holley is close).
This is even better!!! ^^^
If you are so inclined to start looking at random carbs from strangers, here is where to look before you buy.

2 years ago at the swap meet.
I spotted this Holley in a booth and it looked super clean.
Price tag was $75 so I put my hand on it to stake it as mine for the time being.
(It is seen sitting atop the BB Performer RPM manifold for the next engine in my truck also from the swap for $225 and Summit has them for $391 currently)
You must be registered for see images attach

I told Max to get his phone out and look this number up for me, 80570.

His search came back with that I was going to save myself $551 for a carb that was only used to run a cam in for 20 minutes.

Max asked what I needed a small carb like this one for.
I told him not to worry about it as I have another carb at home that could use the electric choke and fuel inlet for and that was nearly what this complete unit cost.
This carb ended up sitting on his 307 that motivates his '49 Chevy.
He no longer asks "what do we need this for?" at the swaps.

In 2023 I must have taught him right, he found this 670 cfm street avenger for $100 and snapped it up.
We will have a use for it in the near future with 2 more V8 cars getting put together soon.
It has a number in the same spot that tells us of what it is or started as, 80670-1.
This one is currently $620 at Summit.

And a couple months later, I found something I wanted at the next swap.
Dude wouldn't budge on his price for the steering column and wheel for $150, so I asked if he would take $225 for the column / wheel and the dirty old Holley he had on another table.
Dirty old Holley was in fact an 850 cfm double pumper with a Proform main body and base plate that he wanted $150 for as well.
Since this one has aftermarket parts on it, it was pretty simple to see as the CFM is stamped on the side of the main body.

I ended up getting the package as it was raining and everybody wanted to pack up and go home.
But that is when I get the best deals as a buyer.

With the a 570, a 670, 2 @ 750, and 1 850 cfm carbs we have, I still have not spent as much as one new carb.
They will all of course be gone through before we put them to use, but if the 2 we are currently using are an indicator of what we have things will be good to go.
Great deals! Like the dual feed double pumper with the center hung floats. This is for go.. not fuel economy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ratrodriley