Temp gauge not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keegansquarebody

Reaction score
First Name
Keegan
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
5.0 V8 305
Hey, i just replaced my temperature sender today. My temp gauge still isnt working. I tested it by grounding it to the engine block and the gauge didnt do anything. Im wondering how I can test it again, test the wire and maybe the gauge without taking apart my instrument cluster again. Does anyone have any ideas? Also it seems to me that my oil pressure gauge is registering to almost 60 psi when im on the gas a little bit but i just replaced the oil and filter. Anyone have any ideas about that either?
Thanks

76burb

Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban k20
Engine Size
pull the sender wire(dark green) off the sending unit and run a jumper from that to the negative battery terminal. Turn the key on. If the gauge doesn't peg to hot then you likely have an issue with the gauge or the wiring.

Might also want to check and make sure you have a thermostat installed. I spent 10 hours and went thru 3 senders and 2 different gauges only to find out that the reason they weren't working was there was no thermostat installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwright