Steering column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silver Square

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande 15
Engine Size
Question about the steering columns in these trucks. I've got a '77 GMC K15 4x4, and am looking to get a Flaming River steering column, or possibly Ididit. Flaming River offers 2 different ones, one doesn't give any specs and the other says it's for a 1" 48 spline output shaft. Ididit only has 1, and it has the 1" 48 spline output shaft. Not sure which is correct? Anyone know what the output shaft should be in my truck, or anyone ordered one of these columns for a '77 4x4 and had luck installing it? Thanks.

saltdog

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Suburban
Engine Size
I put a FR30106BK in my 1983 Suburban. It has a D output to the intermediate shaft, the splines are for the steering wheel. If you go with this one there are a few things to consider. See my post (https://www.gmsquarebody.com/thread...-wolff-engineering-bearing.42955/#post-914511) if you want to reuse stock wheel. The billet turn signal lever looks nice but is annoyingly short and hard to use with stock wheel. The canceling cam needs mods too. It might be worth sending your old column to get it rebuilt. Swap is not hard, but its very much not plug and play.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawyer0162