SM466 input bearing retainer thickness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rooster73

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
I discovered the input shaft bearing retainer spout was broken off when I pulled the transmission for a clutch replacement(sm465).
You must be registered for see images attach
I have a new one ordered (I think it’s the right one) but I’m curious about the gasket thickness that goes between the retainer and the transmission case. I’m measuring the one I pulled out at .040” +/- .002”. I have some gasket material that is .030”. Does anyone know how critical the thickness of that gasket is? Does it play into tension on the bearing behind the retainer?

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
May want to check the input shaft bearing to see if it's worn. Oscillations will break that retainer. Worn pilot bushing too.

Rooster73

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Thanks for the tips. I looked pretty close at the bearing. It looks good and rotates well. I replaced the pilot bushing with another bushing, not a bearing. I put a luk clutch kit in it. I’m mostly curious about that retainer gasket. I can probably find one to order if the .030” gasket material I have won’t work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OurDually