Power window problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmill17

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The passenger window on my truck won’t roll up. The driver’s side works fine, both up and down, and when I try to roll down the passenger window further, it makes a noise. I tried to jump the switch to make it go up and even that doesn’t work. The harness in the door and conduit looks to be in good shape as well, but I haven’t looked under the dash yet. Anyone else experience anything like this and have some advice?

Jimmyperf400

Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
Full size gmc jimmy
Engine Size
Sbc 400
Buy yourself a new power window regulator and motor. Sounds like the teeth on the regulator at the point where the teeth from the motor just grind because there either missing or just worn down. Do yourself a favor go to lmc trucks order a regulator and motor and put them in and it will work. You must have power there if it makes noise.

jmill17

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Buy yourself a new power window regulator and motor. Sounds like the teeth on the regulator at the point where the teeth from the motor just grind because there either missing or just worn down. Do yourself a favor go to lmc trucks order a regulator and motor and put them in and it will work. You must have power there if it makes noise.
It only makes noise when going down, and more of a clicking noise than grinding. The window is stuck down. Will I be able to get the regulator and motor out with it down?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacG