Power Tour

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Damn, I drug my feet too long. Long hauler status is sold out now. I still want to do the whole thing though. Just booked rooms for every location. I plan to take the Chevelle station wagon. Looking forward to power tour, I've wanted to do it for 20+ years.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have been dragging my feet about booking rooms because I want to use points I get from the tailgate tour to offset the costs some :D

That may be a bad plan but I can hopefully find one between one location and the next even if I can't find one near the venue.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I have been dragging my feet about booking rooms because I want to use points I get from the tailgate tour to offset the costs some :D

That may be a bad plan but I can hopefully find one between one location and the next even if I can't find one near the venue.

Lol, I booked all mine with Wyndham points. I have enough saved up that I could live in a hotel for well over a month.

I got all mine so I could be near the venue at the end of the day, then leave the next morning and head to the next venue. I'm assuming that's how most people do it? Or do people go to the venue in the morning, then head out in the afternoon? Maybe I booked my rooms wrong.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Lol, I booked all mine with Wyndham points. I have enough saved up that I could live in a hotel for well over a month.

I got all mine so I could be near the venue at the end of the day, then leave the next morning and head to the next venue. I'm assuming that's how most people do it? Or do people go to the venue in the morning, then head out in the afternoon? Maybe I booked my rooms wrong.
I don’t know if there’s a right way to do it either. Lol

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
Usually, at least on the regular power tour a decade ago, the date listed is the afternoon at that location, and usually the night at that location. Wake up, hit the road, get to the next venue around lunchtime or early afternoon, rinse and repeat.

I got burned my first trip, had to double up to catch up to the tour, basically. The "Event" is more of the arrival into the next town than it is leaving the first one, if that makes sense.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@bucket are you still going to make the tour this year? I have my carb apart hoping to get my idle circuit working a little better. It was loading up sitting in line and I found a bunch of crud in the bowl. Hopefully getting that cleaned out decent but I put a filter in before the pump and packed another in the back and carb kit in case I need to tear into it again on the trip.

I should be getting a new seat cover in the mail tomorrow or Thursday that I ordered in January! I am not sure if I am going to have time to get that replaced before we go or not. I'll have to hope it's right and the interior guy is looking for something to do.

Shoot me a PM if you are going and want my number. I am going with the Mrs, but otherwise heading out on my own.

Attachments

• IMG_4409.jpeg
    IMG_4409.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 4

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
@bucket are you still going to make the tour this year? I have my carb apart hoping to get my idle circuit working a little better. It was loading up sitting in line and I found a bunch of crud in the bowl. Hopefully getting that cleaned out decent but I put a filter in before the pump and packed another in the back and carb kit in case I need to tear into it again on the trip.

I should be getting a new seat cover in the mail tomorrow or Thursday that I ordered in January! I am not sure if I am going to have time to get that replaced before we go or not. I'll have to hope it's right and the interior guy is looking for something to do.

Shoot me a PM if you are going and want my number. I am going with the Mrs, but otherwise heading out on my own.

Yep, still planning on going. Registered and planning on making all 5 stops. There's still several minor things I want to do to the car before we go, hoping I can squeeze that all in. Mainly clean the car up real good, swap the radiator out, change the carb and replace the front pads. Oh and maybe the front shocks. And install more 12v outlets. And maybe something for a radio. I guess I've actually got quite a list, lol. I'll be back home a few days before we leave. If I don't get it all done, no big deal really.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I tried the little Bluetooth speaker on the tailgate tour and it wasn’t very loud. I’m not even bothering with it on power tour. I’ll just hunt around the am stations or listen to the breeze I guess. I could probably use another 12v outlet myself though

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I tried the little Bluetooth speaker on the tailgate tour and it wasn’t very loud. I’m not even bothering with it on power tour. I’ll just hunt around the am stations or listen to the breeze I guess. I could probably use another 12v outlet myself though
You could put a cheap amp under the seat 2 speakers in boxes behind the seat, use phone headphone jack to amp with audio cable. I've done this before it works pretty good for cheap. Heck Oreilys has a stereo in a box with USB drive you could put under the seat and use the Bluetooth function. It's a brand called Dual. I think it was 45 bucks, stereo and speakers. Only reason I noticed it is it's what was in one of my DDs when I bought it. Well lookie there wally world has it too!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-30_014419.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-30_014419.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
You could put a cheap amp under the seat 2 speakers in boxes behind the seat, use phone headphone jack to amp with audio cable. I've done this before it works pretty hood for cheap. Heck Oreilys has a stereo in a box with USB drive you could put under the seat and use the Bluetooth function. It's a brand called Dual. I think it was 45 bucks, stereo and speakers. Only reason I noticed it is it's what was in one of my DDs when I bought it. Well lookie there wally world has it too!

I put one of these behind the seat in my truck an wired it in to the factory speakers. Works decent enough if you just want some tunes...

Polarlander Bluetooth HiFi Digital Stereo Amplifier 4-Channel Powerful Sound Compatible with Car Motorcycle Computer Speaker https://a.co/d/9I4BkKr

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obullard74