Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Ridler 607

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Scottsdale

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Suck it, Chad- they’re all terrible, save your money for other stuff

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Trying to think of something tasteful in 20” since I’m looking for a spare set of wheels to trade out the rallies here and there. Here are my initial ideas.

Ridler 606- I like the sharp lines, look serious.
You must be registered for see images attach

Ridler 607- I have history with BBS wheels, and I kind of think these lend a serious-like pro touring vibe.

And then of course, the US Mags Scottsdale. Some people don’t like the stock look blown up into a bigger wheel but given my love of the rallies, it’s a no brainer. And they’re still aluminum so not as heavy as some of the other same styles in steel.

Opinions are like…well, you know. I just want something classy- some of the stuff out there makes me cringe.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
No vote…

Since none of your choices fit my style they’re equal. That being said, I wouldn’t judge your taste on any of the three. None of them are horrible

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
No vote…

Since none of your choices fit my style they’re equal. That being said, I wouldn’t judge your taste on any of the three. None of them are horrible
They make those Scottsdales in 6 lug. Just sayin. Your truck would look bad ass with a 6” lift and them wheels wrapped in 35s.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Damn, I was the 2nd vote. Other guy said suck it Chad.
Scottsdales all day. But with real Chevy center caps.
Well, as the Big Lebowski said new sh*t has come to light. A guy on the face space reached out and told me the 4” offset works with non narrowed rear ends. I ordered them up last night.
He’s done two trucks with them.

I got the gunmetal because it’s what was left at all.

Attachments

• IMG_7643.jpeg
    IMG_7643.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 14

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Huh, got any more pics like from behind? I'd think that would be super tight on the bed side. Looks good though!

Also just as a side note, I've seen all 3 versions of the "big rallies" in person many times (Detroit Steel, Coy's and US Mags). The US Mags blow them all out of the water. The Detroits are ok but kinda flat faced and boring looking. The Coys are too dark IMO, almost have too much dish to them and he's a freakin snake so I wouldn't give him a dime anyway. The US Mags being bright silver really pops and they got all of the dimension changes perfect when they scaled them up. The way the center falls back to the hoop and then falls down in the center all look near identical to an OE rally, just bigger.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Huh, got any more pics like from behind? I'd think that would be super tight on the bed side. Looks good though!

Also just as a side note, I've seen all 3 versions of the "big rallies" in person many times (Detroit Steel, Coy's and US Mags). The US Mags blow them all out of the water. The Detroits are ok but kinda flat faced and boring looking. The Coys are too dark IMO, almost have too much dish to them and he's a freakin snake so I wouldn't give him a dime anyway. The US Mags being bright silver really pops and they got all of the dimension changes perfect when they scaled them up. The way the center falls back to the hoop and then falls down in the center all look near identical to an OE rally, just bigger.
Good to know! The Scottsdales are the cheapest and easiest to find anyway.

No other pictures, that’s just what he sent me. I do know to gain clearance he used 275/40 which is about a 29” tire, still bigger than my Cobras at 28”. Apparently no rubbing at all.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
Good to know! The Scottsdales are the cheapest and easiest to find anyway.

No other pictures, that’s just what he sent me. I do know to gain clearance he used 275/40 which is about a 29” tire, still bigger than my Cobras at 28”. Apparently no rubbing at all.
If he was puttin narrow azz tires on 10” wide rims, there ain’t enough room IMO. Those tires may look stretched on that wide of rim.
I’m with huck, I’d wanna see some pics before I went all in. There’s a reason I stayed with 8.5” wide rear wheels. Since the 10s were only available in the fatties.
I can measure mine for clearance and do the math if it would help you. I know 8.5, 4.5bs and 275 tires have plenty of clearance but it’s not excessive.
Because as Abraham Lincoln said, “don’t believe everything you hear on Facebook”.
Or more seriously, it’s easy. Why not measure what you have for wheel offset and tire width and clearance and then calc what your new size would be? I like tape measures and simple math over FB posts.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Yeah a 275 doesn't look good on a 10" wide wheel, too much stretch IMO. But fingers crossed, maybe you can put more tire and only have to roll or cut off the fender lip. I'll end up doing that on mine when I get the new wheels, I want them as far out to the edges as possible

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If he was puttin narrow azz tires on 10” wide rims, there ain’t enough room IMO. Those tires may look stretched on that wide of rim.
I’m with huck, I’d wanna see some pics before I went all in. There’s a reason I stayed with 8.5” wide rear wheels. Since the 10s were only available in the fatties.
I can measure mine for clearance and do the math if it would help you. I know 8.5, 4.5bs and 275 tires have plenty of clearance but it’s not excessive.
Because as Abraham Lincoln said, “don’t believe everything you hear on Facebook”.
Or more seriously, it’s easy. Why not measure what you have for wheel offset and tire width and clearance and then calc what your new size would be? I like tape measures and simple math over FB posts.
For 450 bucks shipped to my house, I’ll give them a try. Worst case scenario I sell them back off and lose 100 bucks. I’m going to give them a go for little over the same cost of a single other wheel.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Yeah for that cost, I'd give it a shot too. Hell, you might could even make a little money selling them on FB

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
For 450 bucks shipped to my house, I’ll give them a try. Worst case scenario I sell them back off and lose 100 bucks. I’m going to give them a go for little over the same cost of a single other wheel.
Not following your logic. Since they cost less than expensive wheels there’s no need to make any effort to see if they fit?
How much clearance will they have? I’m trying to help you here. Would seem easier to verify than go through the trouble of buying them to try to hock them to someone who’s truck likely won’t fit either. (Unless you know a bunch of guys running around with narrowed axles looking for second hand like new wheels.)

Or in other words, I am saying I did the same exercise a few months ago and they were far too close for my liking. Iirc it was literally the difference between fat tires rubbing and skinny tires being reeeeal close.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well, as the Big Lebowski said new sh*t has come to light. A guy on the face space reached out and told me the 4” offset works with non narrowed rear ends. I ordered them up last night.
He’s done two trucks with them.

I got the gunmetal because it’s what was left at all.

I can dig the gunmetal ones, however, I would HAVE to take them to a wheel shop and get the lips turned. Just to much dark without a machined or polished lip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alocke07