Pioneer PIO-100 Flywheel to LMC Truck clutch kit 32-6828 what diameter/length dowel pins should I get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big _Betsy_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
350ci
Put the new throwout bearing in and reinstalled the clutch but the flywheel had no dowel pins. I used a ju ju dance to try and line up the clutch cover but she is definitely off some and makes a nice rattle when in neutral (and when I get on her in low RPM high torque situations). She still runs gud but it isn't right and I am willing to bet something is going to wear prematurely. Any idea what length and diameter dowel pins I can use? The pioneer flywheel didn't come with dowel pins and neither did the clutch kit.... if i remember correctly from 2020. Pionoeer is closed til Monday.

Am I beating the crap out of my engine/transmission bearings by running it?

Last edited:

Robert Bare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Don't see how the missing pins can cause your problem. GM uses special shoulder bolts for the pressure plate for locating, the pins are just for assembly. Most common problems of "clutch rattle--
Loose dampener springs in the disc
Worn/missing pilot bushing
Worn trans input bearing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boss9