Pass power window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdrucke

Reaction score
First Name
jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra 2500
Engine Size
Passenger side, power window will not work from either switch. All parts have been replaced. New motors switches also added a heavy duty wiring harness from LMC truck.

Zelph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
350 TBI
Do you have power at the switch?

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Assume the question is what's wrong? Need to check power at either the switch or motor whatever is easier first. Then proceed uphill or downhill to the problem.

Been repeated here numerous times, new parts are suspect until proven otherwise. Lots of junk out there.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
find the wiring or service manual for your year in the reference manual. there is diagnostics to follow to narrow down the problem. if it worked before you added the LMC kit (I assume a relay kit) I'd suspect that an installation mistake may have been made or a new part is bad. it'd be hard to mess up something on replacing a switch or motor. but splicing in a relay kit is an area where you could have mixed up something.

Broken85

Reaction score
First Name
A
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This kits come with an up and a down relay for each side (4). I wired that kit also. Mine came with a bad relay and the window was stuck up. If it is up and won’t go down, or vice versa, swap the relays and see if it works. They plug in and out of the harness so they are easy to replace.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaps81dually