Old fashioned sleeper needs more HP.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Looks clean. I'm a big fan of rally sport wheels, had a set on a '64 Elky that came from a Monte Carlo and would run 'em on my burb if they made 8 luggers.

What seats do you have in there?

tubehead

Reaction score
First Name
richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
I can buy a low mileage panel damaged SS Holden here for about $3500 complete.They run an LS6 and a 6L80E and would come with all the electronics etc that I need .
It actually cost more for a motor and box here if they are already out of the car.

I REALLY REALLY wish I had done this now but at the time it all seemed too hard.
Every single component on my current motor is new except the quadrajet which has been rebuilt.It motor is only has 6000 miles on it.It has ceramic long tube headers etc.

Should I rip it out and try and sell it and start again?????
The gearbox is booked for a couple of weeks after christmas so I would not go ahead with that either if I am going to do the above.

tubehead

Reaction score
First Name
richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
Looks clean. I'm a big fan of rally sport wheels, had a set on a '64 Elky that came from a Monte Carlo and would run 'em on my burb if they made 8 luggers.

What seats do you have in there?

leather buckets out a 96 silverado .They were there when I bought it.

The rally wheels are 17 inch alloy replica's which are a lot lighter than steels and have a better range of tires available than 15s here in Australia.

Last edited:

neginfluence04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Melvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Sub
Engine Size
I've always built my cars rear - forward (body) and bottom - top (engine).

datto62073

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
i would go with the holden ss route and get everything to do an LS swap. best bang for the buck and the aftermarket is HUGE.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockopop