OIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ol_Red_1983

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I put Lucas in a hemi once and it made the engine noisy.I drained it all out and never used it again.An oilman told me that motor oils contain stabilizers.And adding more to their balanced mix just wasn't necessary,and only messed up the proper additive package balance.And because of each brand having different detergents,to not mix brands of oil in the same engine.To get the best benefit.I can agree with this, If anyone doesn't,it matters not to me.I do me,you do you! Lol
Had something similar with royal purple

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Ever watch the video of what happens when you replace the oil with 5 quarts of WD40? You'll be surprised.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
There's a guy on u tube his name is Uncle Tony he does a good job at discussing Lucas oil stabilizer and other additives. I used to run a quart in my truck when it sat for a long time between drives. Thats what Lucas is good for it sticks to surfaces. It doesn't flow well. It makes a good assembly lube.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
@Frankenchevy What good or bad with Lucus? There is a lot of snake oil out there
Not needed. It'll gum it up. Oil needs to splash and flow inside the engine. It doesn't need to cling to everything, it already clings to everything without the Lucas oil treatment.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
There's a guy on u tube his name is Uncle Tony he does a good job at discussing Lucas oil stabilizer and other additives. I used to run a quart in my truck when it sat for a long time between drives. Thats what Lucas is good for it sticks to surfaces. It doesn't flow well. It makes a good assembly lube.
Yep, that's one I've seen. He mentions the display to draw you in to buying the additive. I saw the display at various stores and almost bought some but never did. I never saw a reason for the oil to do what it did in the display. A manual transmission, maybe, but not an engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdcon18