O2 Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfj610

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I upgraded a GREAT running 87 R10 (2WD) 305 to a 350 and have had rich fuel issues ever since. Only other additions is the mild RV Cam and Headers

We "think" it's running rich due to the single wire O2 Sensor being installed just behind the headers on the drivers side causing the sensor to not see enough heat and operate properly since it's not near the motor where it belongs.

My question is: is it possible to install an incorrect resistor on the end of the O2 wire faking a correct reading resulting in allowing the computer to lean the fuel ratio and run better?
(and plug the bung). And if this DID work, would it likely run poorly until warmed up?

I'm totally spitballing at this point and running out of ideas. Also looking at installing this Stage 1 Computer Chip Module https://www.summitracing.com/parts/JET-28703
Any advice is appreciated and Thank You!

Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
No using a resistor and no O2 will not work. I could tell you how to input your own signal,but it would constantly change,you would constantly have to monitor it and compensate. Are you running a factory heat range thermostat? If you are running a cold thermostat the cts is going to be addingbfuel thinking the engine is still cold.If the O2 sensor never gets hot enough you will never get into closed loop.Go back to your first thread and follow the advice there,until you are getting a hot o2 sensor and into closed loop there is nothing else to do.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqrbdy