New tach conversion kit from usa1 how to mount the tach to the mounting bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildone454

Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I seen post awhile ago I think from a lmc conversion kit saying you need to use your old nuts to hold the rack to the mounting bracket because if you use the nuts on back of the tach to mount to bracket it will not work can anyone confirm getting ready to put all this back together? Thanks

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I seen post awhile ago I think from a lmc conversion kit saying you need to use your old nuts to hold the rack to the mounting bracket because if you use the nuts on back of the tach to mount to bracket it will not work can anyone confirm getting ready to put all this back together? Thanks

Pictures of what you are referring to?

wildone454

Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
There are nuts on the tach that looks like you would take off and use to mount the tech to the holding bracket but they said thoses nuts are what hold the electrical board down so they said you would use your old nuts to mount the tech to the holding bracket and leave thoses new nuts alone on the electrical board

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
There are nuts on the tach that looks like you would take off and use to mount the tech to the holding bracket but they said thoses nuts are what hold the electrical board down so they said you would use your old nuts to mount the tech to the holding bracket and leave thoses new nuts alone on the electrical board

That sounds correct, but I don't know where the "old" nuts would have come from. The factory fuel gauge (that I'm guessing the tach is replacing in this conversion) is held to the cluster housing by the gauge face, with course thread screws.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Unless they expect you to pillage your old fuel gauge for parts, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OurDually