Need help finding replacement rear shock mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chief_shotts

Reaction score
First Name
edgar
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
While replacing my rear shocks on my 82 k30 frame I found that the rear upper shock mount on the passenger side is cracked. I would like to replace it but I’m having no luck locating a replacement part.

Can anybody point me in the right direction.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Have it welded up and it will be fine.

I don’t think those brackets are reproduced and it’s rivoted to the frame so cutting the top rivots loose will suck. I guarantee you know someone that owns a welder.

chief_shotts

Reaction score
First Name
edgar
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
Have it welded up and it will be fine.

I don’t think those brackets are reproduced and it’s rivoted to the frame so cutting the top rivots loose will suck. I guarantee you know someone that owns a welder.
Thanks for the tip. I had a feeling that might be the way.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
Just to be safe, disconnect the battery at both terminals before you weld it, OK?
You might not have a battery burn up or a starter solenoid get fried, but I have seen the doors try to weld themselves to the A-Pillar before. Sensitive electronics might not like it either.

You'll want a welding hood with a cowboy neck protector made from old jeans and ear plugs or you'll eat the sparks or burn your ear drum with slag.

Just did 8 rivets on each frame rail and they are really in there.
Had to section the plate across in half, so the plate to the up rivets could be beat in one direction and the plate to the frame rivets could be beat in another.
4 pound hammer would not punch them through both plate and frame without disecting.

You most certainly don't want anyone video taping you fist fighting them out, that's for sure.
Lot's of foreign words being spoken...

Those high dollar Bilstien's were just a little too much for it, chief_schotts!
:happy160:
We got pot holes all over town tryin to wreck every truck frame for miles.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zcostilla