Just picked up an LT4 swapped '86 C10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
* looks at his truck again...looks at them Production Numbers...dang.

That's not very many.
Hold on!
One of 6494
Dang! Wow man that's pretty fancy.

Who told you posting pictures with the hood closed was OK?
Name the guy. I wanna know cuz that is NOT COOL. :lazer:

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
@Rusty Nail Rusty you are tough! New guy joined yesterday, was on line for 11 minutes and hasn't been back yet. We may see that LT4, give the guy a break.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I love the idea of an LT4, I really even just want to LT1 swap mine. I could personally do without the wheels and massive drop but to each his own, the engine swap alone is enough to make me look past the other stuff lol

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Yeah yeah..it requires pics to operate - welcome to the internet and tell AlGore I said hi.

Just ask Snopes.com = it's FALSE.
Al Gore DID NOT invent the internet.

See how that works new guy?
I has picks.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
The LT4 was the special high-performance version of the new-generation LT1. It featured a slightly more aggressive camshaft profile, 1.6:1 aluminum roller rocker arms, lighter hollow intake valves and liquid-sodium filled exhaust valves, larger fuel injectors, performance crankshaft, higher 10.8:1 compression ratio and high-flow intake manifold (painted red) with extra material above the port available to allow port matching to the raised port LT4 cylinder heads. The LT4 was conservatively underrated at 330 hp (246 kW) and 340 lb⋅ft (461 N⋅m). It was introduced in the 1996 model year, for the last year of the C4 Corvette, and came standard on all manual transmission (ZF 6-speed equipped) C4 Corvettes. The engine was passed down to 1997 SLP Camaros SS and SLP Firehawks with 6-speed manual transmissions.

The LT4 was available on the following vehicles:

• 1996 Chevrolet Corvette only when equipped with 6-speed manual transmission (includes all Grand Sports) (Production: 6,359)
  • 1997 Chevrolet Camaro SLP/LT4 SS 6-speed (Production: 100 for the U.S., 6 for Canada. There were 2 prototypes)
  • 1997 Pontiac Firebird SLP/LT4 Firehawk 6-speed (Production: 29)
All 135 production engines for the Firehawks and SSs were completely disassembled, balanced, blueprinted and honed with stress plates. One in 5 engines was tested on a Superflow engine dyno. Every car was tested on a chassis dyno and then performed a 6-mile (10 km) road test.
I automatically assumed he was talking about the new 640hp LT4 from the C7 Vette. Second highest hp motor GM has put in a production vehicle

ETA: The newest GM engines are considered “LT” instead of LS. Basically same platform but slight differences and LT generation engines are direct injection IIRC

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I automatically assumed he was talking about the new 640hp LT4 from the C7 Vette. Second highest hp motor GM has put in a production vehicle

ETA: The newest GM engines are considered “LT” instead of LS. Basically same platform but slight differences and LT generation engines are direct injection IIRC

Also… at $17K from Summit probably cheaper than what the original goes for

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crawfordztc24