Ignition Coil wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geauxnow

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Burban
Engine Size
Hey, all. 89 V1500 Suburban w 350tbi. I am slowly putting it back together and it cranks but won't start with both fuel and spark. I'm suspicious of this coil wiring. The white to red splice you see is to the fuel pump relay, N.O. contact. My wiring diagrams are for OBS trucks and that shows going to a tach probe connector. The pink is down to the starter, I'm almost certain although the wiring diagram shows it terminating at the fuse block or bulk head connector. If so, can you send a fuse block diagram or suggest which conductor I should be on the lookout for to make the proper connection?

You must be registered for see images attach

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
The white to red splice is for a tachometer. Fuel pump relay power comes from an orange wire on the 440 circuit. Pink will be ign hot, and I think it runs through the fuse panel. The wiring manuals are in the Reference Library of this forum

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OGsTKS805