Hello from Washington !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BusBoy1

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Hi folks, just a quick introduction. Last weekend after a few messages exchanged with a young man who was selling his ‘82 GMC Suburban 2500 4x4, and interested in possible trades for dirt bikes or other Square Body hot rods or projects, I asked him if he’d be interested in my ‘78 Malibu wagon ? Sent him a video, and well, next thing you know, he’d trailered up his Burb to deliver it to me, and picked up my wagon to take it back home with he and his gal. Young guy, 18, and ambitious too. Hell, it was better than ordering Domino’s or Uber Eats and having it delivered!

We were in the same ballpark with regards to price, the things needing attention on both vehicles was comparable or similar, and our interest in dealing with our respective vehicles issues was no longer a desire but acquiring the other’s rides was indeed appealing. So, I gained a much bigger and heavier dog hauler, and since my dogs have croaked, the sled for them isn’t necessary, but a Christmas tree hauler, and now the proud “ Poppa “ of three little grandchildren 3, 1 1/2, and 3 months thanks to my oldest son and daughter in law, I have visions of rides and ice cream cones with them in the big orange sled. It needs a few things first, new drivers window, and reasonable tires since the 37/12.5/16 worn out Super Swamper roller rub and eat the front fenders. So, 35s or 33s are being sought. Not sure on the suspension if it’s been lifted, I’d imagine so, but I need to measure the shackles and count the leaf springs. Any insights on what might be stock for both as a starting point ? And any suggestions on tire size 35s or 33s ? I’m not looking to make it too aggressive, but just to be used to get around town, out of town to the ocean, over the mountains possibly, dirt roads and snow if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3560.jpeg
    IMG_3560.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3553.jpeg
    IMG_3553.jpeg
    265 KB · Views: 10

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Welcome from Austria. 33s will fit great imo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bredneck