Harness bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toby

Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
What’s up guys. I’m looking to add a harness bar to my 73. I don’t want to pay for a cage or anything, but maybe like a universal harness bar. Just wondering if anyone has went this route and if so what brand was used or a brand idea would be a great help. Here’s something I’m looking at right now but not sure if it would work. https://shop.redline360.com/products/braum-harness-bar-universal-48-49-50-51-black-red-white-space-gray?currency=USD&variant=18086363365489&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&stkn=891961585efe&utm_term=ecpc&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADtMsbl-boZLpYg2ZEvlSH5sr5T0B&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkcGYiqmdhwMVQ9rCBB1gOArXEAQYASABEgLQIPD_BwE

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Why are you wanting to run a harness? You do know that a harness is more dangerous than a 3 point belt in a street car,right? Have you ever driven in a harness?

Toby

Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Danger is my middle name lol jk…… but I do have an image for my build and I want to run a harness bar. Would you be able to point me in the right direction for my goal? Seriously, it would be very appreciated.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I think this is something that you'll end up having to fabricate as I've never seen just a harness bar for a C10.

Not trying to lecture but as Ricko mentioned they can be dangerous on the street. And a PITA. Hard to see around you. I have some vehicles with 5pt's and I either leave it loose or don't do the shoulders so I can move around which isn't really safe.

If you decide to build a cage, make sure both the seats and harnesses are mounted to it so you don't get crushed if ever in accident.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Danger is my middle name lol jk…… but I do have an image for my build and I want to run a harness bar. Would you be able to point me in the right direction for my goal? Seriously, it would be very appreciated.
You really need to drive around in a car with a harness,you very well may change your mind. You can't lean forward to look for traffic, you may not be able to reach your radio or heater controls. In a crash they have less give than standard seat belts so you run more risk of being killed or paralyzed by your head slamming forward while your body remains stationary,or without 5 points the shoulder belts pulling the lap belt up into your stomach area damaging your internal organs.In a rollover a 3 point forces your body over and down. With a harness you are upright trying to support your vehicle with your neck. Not to mention they are a PITA to get into all the time. I've had them,but not in street cars. Sorry I'm no help but maybe tie yourself to your seat back and go for a drive before you decide to spend a bunch of money,only to find out its not practical.

Last edited:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
As stated above, it's not ideal for a street car, but done correctly with a full cage, it's still safe as long as you're conscious of the limitations when driving.

That said, there's no reason you can't do both. I plan to put a harness bar/small cage in my truck eventually (working toward and autoX/pro-touring build) while retaining the stock 3-points for the street. I met these guys at the C10 Nationals in Nashville last year, I plan to talk with them when the time comes. Super nice guys and have already built harness bars/4 and 6-point cages and other versions for these trucks. They had a really cool display last year of a bare OBS cab with a modular kind of build for the cage. I'll see if I can find the pictures I took

Infinite Fab Works
[email protected]
615-590-7922

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Why are you wanting to run a harness? You do know that a harness is more dangerous than a 3 point belt in a street car,right?
Especially without a roll cage.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
As stated above, it's not ideal for a street car, but done correctly with a full cage, it's still safe as long as you're conscious of the limitations when driving.

That said, there's no reason you can't do both. I plan to put a harness bar/small cage in my truck eventually (working toward and autoX/pro-touring build) while retaining the stock 3-points for the street. I met these guys at the C10 Nationals in Nashville last year, I plan to talk with them when the time comes. Super nice guys and have already built harness bars/4 and 6-point cages and other versions for these trucks. They had a really cool display last year of a bare OBS cab with a modular kind of build for the cage. I'll see if I can find the pictures I took

Infinite Fab Works
[email protected]
615-590-7922
Found 'em. Like I said, they make all kinds of versions. The purple truck is my buddy Maccie's. He's had their harness bar in that truck for a couple years now and loves it

You must be registered for see images attach

This is their OBS display they had out

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OurDually