Got bored and started on the door renovations.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pinballlarry1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 6 cylinder
Got bored and had some time so I decided to start on the passenger's door renovation. Not taking it all the way apart, just enough to clean, lubricate, and replace items as needed. I'll do the right side first and learn so the driver's side is done better. Can still close and lock the door.
You must be registered for see images attach

Easy to take apart, broke a couple of plastic pieces, but door kit has all new stuff to install.
I ordered $450 worth of panels and parts from LMC, they all look to be fine for what I am doing. The "saddle" color is somewhat darker than the unfaded side of my old panels, but should be ok.
OLD and FADED, more than I thought initially:

Armrest bracket is ok, will clean and paint. Will use 1/4-20 stainless steel screws to reattach to door:

New door panel:

I decided to splurge and bought the fancy shiny strip for the top and the fancy shiny rectangular trim for the handle opening. I was a bit nervous about drilling and cutting the new panel, but the instruction sheet was clear and logical and the ABS material was easy to cut and drill. Parts assembled easily and actually look good. Next on to the armrest, weather stripping and spraying the inside of the door with undercoating.
And the row of pinball machines make a good worktable when covered with cardboard or large towels.

pinballlarry1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 6 cylinder
Very happy with what I see down inside the door, some dirt and the small mirror reinforcement that I read about. Out it goes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Blasto