Filling in seams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I am in no way close to doing anything like this, but was curious if when re-painting your square, if you, or the shop that did it, or maybe one you saw at a show, ever filled in or blended the factory seams, like where the roof meets the A or B pillars? I noticed that my roof is actually offset to the driver's side about 1/16 - 1/8". At the seams, it hangs over on the driver's side and is recessed on the passenger side. To make up for the shift, the door jambs at the B pillars are so blobbed with seam sealer they look like they were hand forged with playdoh.

I have enough to do but it wouldn't take much to clean it up. Just wunnerin.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I am in no way close to doing anything like this, but was curious if when re-painting your square, if you, or the shop that did it, or maybe one you saw at a show, ever filled in or blended the factory seams, like where the roof meets the A or B pillars? I noticed that my roof is actually offset to the driver's side about 1/16 - 1/8". At the seams, it hangs over on the driver's side and is recessed on the passenger side. To make up for the shift, the door jambs at the B pillars are so blobbed with seam sealer they look like they were hand forged with playdoh.

I have enough to do but it wouldn't take much to clean it up. Just wunnerin.
I shaved and smoothed the door jambs but left the seam at the top of the B pillar on the exterior.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I dont necessarily find them an eye sore.....but they are kind of cobbled enough I wouldn't mind cleaning them up a bit. If they were to disappear, I doubt anyone would notice. lol

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I dont necessarily find them an eye sore.....but they are kind of cobbled enough I wouldn't mind cleaning them up a bit. If they were to disappear, I doubt anyone would notice. lol
If mine were off by a 1/6” I would’ve smeared body filler on em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt r