Everything needed for a 79ish front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheClassicRed

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
NA
The entire front end of my truck was 100% trashed when it was bought(tons of Bondo or was bent pretty badly even though it looked fine from the outside)

I want to know what all the pieces I need to rebuild my front end. I'm going to buy what I can off LMC but I feel some pieces are missing from the catalog. any help is appreciated

It's a 79, but I will use the 73-78 headlight bezels since it will look better with the two-tone red and black look I'm going for.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Check us out at AMD, we carry everything sheetmetal wise for these trucks. If you're replacing 100% of everything on the front clip, you'll need:

- fenders
- inner fenders
- hood
- lower valence (sometimes called a gravel shield)
- core support (radiator support)
- bumper/bumper brackets
- whatever headlight bezels/grille combo you want
- whatever grille mounting brackets and also whatever hood latch support and hood latch coincides with the grille you chose

FYI, there are no aftermarket headlight bezels that are metal. All the aftermarket versions are plastic. So if you want the metal ones, you'll have to find some used ones

Last edited:

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres