Engine Stalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BamaBraves

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C15 Step Side
Engine Size
LS1
Good morning everyone! I've got an issue with my truck stalling at idle, and during acceleration after it occurs. It's got an LS1. It happens randomly when the temperature gauge (Dakota) reaches above 220 or so, and it usually happens when I'm idling at a traffic light. There are no tell-tale signs of the engine overheating, like smoke or a burning smell. I can accelerate by feathering the throttle until the truck reaches around 15-20 mph and then it runs perfect after that. It makes no difference whether I'm running the AC or not. I've never noticed a rough idle or skip. She otherwise runs perfect. It's had an older restoration (2000's), and it did mostly sit for the last 5 years or so after the previous owner passed away. When I first bought the truck in January, it was dripping coolant on the driveway. A local mechanic diagnosed it as a leak in the Cold Case radiator, and we sent it off for repair. It hasn't dripped any coolant since. Could I be looking at something as simple as a coolant temperature sensor? Should I swap it out as a first attempt to fix it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4x454man