Dual fuel tank not switching when i hit switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shonto777

Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 silverado
Engine Size
383 stroker
Hey guys, so my 83 k10 is a dual tank and that is partially why i fell in love with it, but alil while back my selector quit selecting. And it isnt the switch up in the cab. It has an inline fuel pump in it plumbed in right where it looks like mayb the selector is rightoutof the tanks? But i see the two vent lines that are smaller, they tie together from both tanks, and goup to the front.thr other four lines come from gastanks and pipe into what i think is the selector, both tanks go into this unit top ajd bottom lines, then they come out of the unit with single lines,.which are goin back to engine, the one side goes into the inline fuel pump. The other goes upfront with nothing else tied on. My question is if i were to cut into the system and install two shuttoffs with a bypass in between so i could manually switch tanks if i wanted to, would i do so right after the unit and before the fuel pump?or would i have to do.it where there are the two lines comin from tanks before they tie into the unit with wires on it. I will take pictures today to show what im tryin to say. Besides that unit lookjng expensiv, id hate to be out hunting and nit be able to access my other fuel tank.which is why id like to have a manual valve setup. But im jus not sure how to go about it, so that the gauges will still read the level of fuel. Thanks sorry for th e long ass post

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbrannon79