Cruise control inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texdave

Reaction score
First Name
tex
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I noticed that my factory cruise control was not working on my 76 3/4 ton Suburban. I took a look at the 76 Supplemental shop manual to learn up on the Cruise system and seems like the major components are: the regulator, the servo unit, brake switch, and the column switch.

The brake and column switch are in place and seem to move fine. The servo unit looks damaged, see the pictures.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I couldn't readily identify the regulator though. Any tips on where it should be located? Also, I'm not seeing a servo unit part on Rockauto to replace this. Is that part not reproduced anymore? If so, any tips for how to get cruise going again? Thanks.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
The diagram for my '75 is not really clear, but seems to show the regulator mounted very close to the place where the throttle cable goes through your bracket.

The regulator must be able to measure speed. It should have one speedometer cable running from transmission to regulator, then a 2nd cable that runs from the regulator to the speedometer. The regulator also has an electrical connector, and wires running to the cruise control switch on the turn signal stalk.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
350 w/203

Forum statistics

Threads