Best header back exhaust package for a 1985 K10 short bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broken85

Reaction score
First Name
A
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Evening fellas! I am lining up my winter project and planning to swap the Jasper motor out of my shortbed for a Blue Print 340hp TBI turnkey. I am looking for recommendations on a header-back exhaust system with side vent pipes. Plenty of stuff out there for long beds, just not seeing what I want for a short beds (I assume it is the same as a K5???). Looking for a mild exhaust maybe a three chamber flow master-ish sound. I would really prefer to not Frankenstein this from a bunch of vendors, but looking for anyone who has purchased a full kit that worked well and didn’t have you pulling your hair out since I am going to have to obviously turn this truck into a dual exhaust system with new hangers and such
You must be registered for see images attach

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Most universal kits (priced under about $125-$150, without mufflers) have instructions for both short and long bed trucks. You just leave out or shorten one of the intermediate pipes.

The hangers they provide are usually inexpensive universal hangars. They work, but are nothing like OEM.

I think the exhaust kit I bought was from Flotech, and it looked the same as everything else in that price range. I used the Magnaflow straight through mufflers and an H-pipe and they have a nice mellow tone at idle, but sound really good when revved up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jay187