A little help deciding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidD1980

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
So I purchased my square a few years back. And have had it on the back burner because of the wiring mess that someone bestowed onto the pickup. The In cab wiring is basically destroyed. I don't know whats what, looks like tweakers got a hold of it a thought they could fix it or rob the copper. Then the engine bay side of the harness is cut up so bad it's inconceivable as well. I know there is painless kit out there, but the price is a bit much.
Is there a good bulkhead set to buy? Or good route to go as well?
1984 Silverado k20

dhartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
So if you think of electricity like water it helps alot. Makes it more like plumbing. However the electricity doesnt just leak out it just stops. It has to have a complete circuit to in essence flow.

The loom is really not that bad. If you have all the connections you can follow the pipes.... "wires" and replace 1 by 1.

Take your time. It's is way more simple.than it looks.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If the wiring is as bad as you describe e bay has several used wiring harnesses listed. They are not universal covering many years like sellers have them listed. If one could be found close to same year and options, might be the better/cheaper option. Although wiring appears to be very complicated in actuality it isn't that bad. Work on one circuit at a time and plugs are almost all specific. Only concern would be the cluster.

DavidD1980

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
So if you think of electricity like water it helps alot. Makes it more like plumbing. However the electricity doesnt just leak out it just stops. It has to have a complete circuit to in essence flow.

The loom is really not that bad. If you have all the connections you can follow the pipes.... "wires" and replace 1 by 1.

Take your time. It's is way more simple.than it looks.
The whole loom in cab is cut up and every wire was messed for whatever reason. Yeah running wire isn't hard, but having a full harness for the inside would have been better to go off of. I'll just have to find a new/used loom and start there. Thank you though for the reply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boss9