'84 K20 Suburban re-wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NZurban

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Suburban
Engine Size
6.2L diesel
Hi, I'm looking to re-wire my truck from scratch because the stock wiring has been chopped and added to so much I figure it would be good start over afresh. Has anyone attempted this? It's a diesel 6.2

I guess apart from not requiring gas ignition wiring who makes the easiest to use interior wiring harness?

Rickf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
1974, 1954 & a 1937
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The HEI wire on a gas harness can be used to activate the diesel injector pump. It probably needs to be a bit longer and there may be a few other minor changes that I can't think of right away.

slammed84

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi, I'm looking to re-wire my truck from scratch because the stock wiring has been chopped and added to so much I figure it would be good start over afresh. Has anyone attempted this? It's a diesel 6.2

I guess apart from not requiring gas ignition wiring who makes the easiest to use interior wiring harness?
Interior will be the biggest task. I recently found all the terminals that were used in the fuse block online, they are made by Delphi, and it helps to have the correct crimper to make them nice.

Or are you planning on gutting it and buying a new fuse block and everything?

Tonimus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Suburban
Engine Size
The American Autowire universal kits are great. The Power Plus 20 is a bargain. GM pattern fuse panel, ignition connector, column comb connector.

I've used a Power Plus, a Highway 15 and a Builder style system. They're all good universal style kits. For an OE style look and pretty cheap, the Power Plus is the way to go. For a little more customization the Highway 15 and 22 offer a lot and these two are better for doing wiring that's exactly the right length due to the terminals at the fuse block. The Builder kit is mostly pre-terminated.

EDIT:

Speedway's universal kit with tooling looks like a pretty sweet deal for someone who might need that sort of thing: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Universal-22-Circuit-Wiring-Harness-with-Install-Package,411996.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KBAustin