84 brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squarebodyforever

Reaction score
First Name
carter
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
All lights work except the brake lights. I have power at the fuse but no power at brake light switch. It looks like all the wires from the turn signal switch and brake light switch go to some sort of junction box. I have 2 hot wires at turn signal switch

Jgonick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Original wiring?
Does your hazard lights work?

Brake switch is fed by ORN-140 and leaves as WHT-17 that feeds turn signal switch for brake lights. So if you have no power at brake switch see attachment to see where ORN-140 comes from.
It looks like all the wires from the turn signal switch and brake light switch go to some sort of junction box
No idea..

Attachments

• 84brake.jpeg
    84brake.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 84brake2.jpeg
    84brake2.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

squarebodyforever

Reaction score
First Name
carter
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Yes my hazards work. By the looks of it everything looks original except the wires going to brake light switch are grey and grey black strip. I’ve put new turn signal switch and brake light switch and it didn’t change anything

Jgonick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
wires going to brake light switch are grey and grey black strip
Those are probably cruise control. They are usually connected to same brake switch. Look for a connector with an orange wire & white wire hanging under your dash.

That would definitely explain why everything works except brake lights when braking.

FYI- Brake switch could have two places for connections. One of the connections is opened when brake is pressed and the other will be closed when the brake is pressed.(opposite)

Attachments

• CuiseControl_auto.jpeg
    CuiseControl_auto.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaps81dually