65 C30 Dually Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nbkk43f

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hi - I'm reviving my old 65 c30 project that got moved aside for a few years to work on other things. A little background on the truck: I converted it to a late model 1 ton front end (square body donor) and a 14 bolt dually rear end. I did all the rust repair, paint and body, motor rebuild (230), mechanicals about 5 years ago and it's been sitting. Got her all plumbed up and will be wrapping up the wiring and all the glass this week. Pic below of when I started back on it back in July - been sitting, filthy.

Next area of focus will be the bed. I've run across a few with the same style (below) that appear to be common to that year (I could be wrong) and would like to go in that direction. I like the rounded corners and feel it goes with the curves of the truck better.

Just curious if anyone is familiar with that bed style and more so, know where I can buy the steel to fabricate one? I haven't checked with my local steel dealer, but feel it's not something they would carry. Maybe a trailer/bed fabricator in my area? I've been keeping an eye out for an "original" one and not having much luck. I can always go with the normal square corners etc. but thought I would give you guys a shot.

Thanks in advance!

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That's a really cool look for the bed, with those rounded corners.

Those corners pieces would have been stamped, I believe. I'm not sure where would be a good place to start looking for such a thing, other than old wrecking yards that have a lot of trucks and agricultural equipment.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
Cool truck! But I’m more intrigued by the 2 post lift installed dead center in the driveway in front of the house! No HOA and a very understanding or non existent wife I gotta presume….lol. And a far better quality and thicker than average residential driveway.
Back to the bed. Ya seems like something everyone’s seen 100x but can’t remember where or what farmers field. Seems like it was a very popular design. Just gotta find the right ole boy with a pile of junkers parked out on the fence row.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Farm/industrial auction sites like purple wave or big iron might be a place to look. Most of the lots are located in the Midwest though.

nbkk43f

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Cool truck! But I’m more intrigued by the 2 post lift installed dead center in the driveway in front of the house! No HOA and a very understanding or non existent wife I gotta presume….lol. And a far better quality and thicker than average residential driveway.
Back to the bed. Ya seems like something everyone’s seen 100x but can’t remember where or what farmers field. Seems like it was a very popular design. Just gotta find the right ole boy with a pile of junkers parked out on the fence row.
Ha - My wife is awesome and very supportive of my hobbies, but I wouldn't even know where to begin the conversation of adding a lift in front of the garage attached to the house. Dedicated shop located about 150 yds from the house.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Ha - My wife is awesome and very supportive of my hobbies, but I wouldn't even know where to begin the conversation of adding a lift in front of the garage attached to the house. Dedicated shop located about 150 yds from the house.
Dang! When I grow up I want a shop like yours. Well, I want a shop, but one like yours would be optimal. It looks like a house, acts like a shop.

The rounded bed is something I've seen, but always on older trucks, and can honestly say I haven't seen anything like it in many years. Definitely the style bed that looks good on the 65.

nbkk43f

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
That's a really cool look for the bed, with those rounded corners.

Those corners pieces would have been stamped, I believe. I'm not sure where would be a good place to start looking for such a thing, other than old wrecking yards that have a lot of trucks and agricultural equipment.
For sure - goes really well with the 60-66 body style IMO.

Believe it or not, that black C30 I posted was actually on marketplace nearby a few weeks ago (3200 if memory serves). Debated reaching out to him to see if he'd part with just the bed - truck sold within just a few days.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
Hahaha. Well that’s a bomber looking shop. Thought it was your house!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avery7