5.3 swap water pump leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gregsthe1

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3L
Was underneath the other day and noticed coolant on the bottom side of the thermostat housing. Up top was a little wet so I wiped it off. Drove about 30 miles yesterday and there it is again. Coming from the top side and it appears to be coming from a seam/bolt ear area. Has anyone ever seen this happen before?
You must be registered for see images attach

It is definitely not coming from the upper hose or the connector pressed into the pump. Each are bone dry. Looks to be coming from where that accessory mount bolt ear is attached to the pump. Also a seam there. Never seen or heard of something like this so I'm kinda scratching my head here. Fyi the small hose blocked off with a bolt is a vacuum line.

There is an aftermarket a/c bracket bolted up to that ear so I'm wondering if maybe the bracket is not true and pulled/put stress on that ear and now it's separating.

Not opposed to changing out the water pump so it's not the end of the world. Just wanted to discuss as it is very weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doolin