4 wheel drive indicator light switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dc2029

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
V8
I cannot find where to purchase a 1980 k5 blazer 4wheel drive indicator light switch. Can anyone help me out with where to find it, or what it was replaced by. Thank you
You must be registered for see images attach

rwjtexas

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
I purchased mine (NP-208) from Torque King.

You need to know which one yours is NP-203, 205, 208 and you should be able to find it .

Be sure you consider getting the O-ring and Pigtail ..

If you cannot find it in the catalog I would call them.

I would also contact Cory at New Boyz Squarebody Rescue .. is Facebook for more information on them...

I have bought a lot of items from Cory over the past two years ... very respectable merchant ...

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I can tell you I bought mine in 2021 from https://www.ebay.com/usr/abssrsautomotive .

It was P/N 265067046679. That P/N does not come up on Ebay anymore.:(

The OE P/N was 14024304.

Long ago discontinued.

But, maybe those P/N's will help in your search. Speaking of, somewhere here someone was kind of enough to send a repair link although I could not get the crimp apart on mine.

Good Luck !

Vetal4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30 Crew Cab
Engine Size
Mine was broken when I bought the truck (NP205), I don't really need it but I was doing some other dash stuff and it bothered me that it didn't work, can't find on the internet anywhere, so I bought a generic starter switch from NAPA: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NW_786105, gutted the switch and dremeled out the plastic from the inside enough so that the threaded part of the switch would fit down inside. There is a spring plunger on the end of the little rod, I immobilized that by filling it with JB WELD, then affixed the nut onto the end of the metal part of the switch with more JB Weld, then screwed the starter switch down into it......it worked great except that once it was installed the 4x4 light came on in 2wd and neutral only....so the switch is supposed to be NORMALLY CLOSED. Keep in mind this is not reflected in the Chevrolet wiring diagrams. SO I had to re-engineer the switch to be normally closed. Screwed it into the transfer case and and adjusted it to work properly by using the screw thread on the starter button, then locked it in with even more JB Weld.
You must be registered for see images attach

Is it stupid? Yes. Does it look like crap? Yes. Does it work? Yes. If you could find a normally closed button it would be a lot simpler, and if this stops working I'll probably explore that route.

labratm

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If it's the np205, they don't make them anymore and theres no replacement part. You can either do what vetal4 did or pay 100-200 dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OurDually