3in body lift pucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78k25JJL

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Hello all, GMC 78 k25 has a 4in suspension and 3in body lift pucks between frame and cab/bed had 44 on it the new 37s i got i have a 1.5inch truck height problem cant ge tinto garage without letting air out of front tires and mounts on truck are original and beyond worn. I bought new body mounts and would like to remove the 3in pucks for garage clearance any ideas on what order to install the new rubber OER mounts all new hardware was included in was thinking to start by removing all cab mounts first then do the radiator support or should I do opposite? Looking for advice on procedure i hope the 37s fit and no rubbing .

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
The good news is that you're removing the body lift; the bad news is that 37's are going to find the front fenders with only a 4" lift. I've had D30 trucks with 37's that would rub with a 4" lift too, even with the additional frame and front differential height of the Dana 60. If you do some creative fender trimming it may not be VERY noticeable and 37's will be alright as long as you're not hammering on it. Good luck!

HS

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I’d pull the steering shaft first, and unhook the shift linkage second (for automatic) or clutch for standard before pulling any body mounts or lift pucks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdouble