2 inch Rough Country Lift 76 K10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70ss496

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My son and I are rebuilding a 76 K10. Right now we are stripped down to the frame and starting to go back together. We are doing a small lift, 2 inch Rough Country.

Their website says we can run 285/70/17 or 33x12.50r17 tires.

What are your thoughts on each with the 2 inch lift. The 33s are quite a bit more $$ but wondering if anyone has any pics of this setup.

Thanks-Matt

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
As long as you're not running an extremely negative offset wheel then the 33 should be no problem. I have 33x12.50 on the factory 8 inch rallye wheel on my 82 K15, with no lift.

Attachments

• 20230601_082829.jpg
    20230601_082829.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 60

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
I might be able to get pictures of a 2" lifted k10.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
My son and I are rebuilding a 76 K10. Right now we are stripped down to the frame and starting to go back together. We are doing a small lift, 2 inch Rough Country.

Their website says we can run 285/70/17 or 33x12.50r17 tires.

What are your thoughts on each with the 2 inch lift. The 33s are quite a bit more $$ but wondering if anyone has any pics of this setup.

Thanks-Matt
I went with a Skyjacker lift and modified it slightly to suit my taste. You can call it a 2 inch lift. I am running the 33x12.50-15 Coopers. This is MY look, it may not be what you want.

You must be registered for see images attach

70ss496

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I went with a Skyjacker lift and modified it slightly to suit my taste. You can call it a 2 inch lift. I am running the 33x12.50-15 Coopers. This is MY look, it may not be what you want.

That looks great. Exactly what we are after! Thank you.

antique_jdfan

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Redfish, how do you like the cooper's? I'm mostly thinking about ride quality, as I need to make a 33x12.50r15 purchase soon and I'm looking at bf goodrich or Cooper. Thanks!

Last edited:

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Reddish, how do you like the cooper's? I'm mostly thinking about ride quality, as I need to make a 33x10.50r15 purchase soon and I'm looking at bf goodrich or Cooper. Thanks!
I have done several things to improve the "ride quality" but this is still a solid front axle with leaf springs truck. The ride is not exactly quality...

I could not run Nitto or Toyo tires on this truck because they don't belong on it. That's a "period correct" thing and it's just my opinion. I felt this truck needed mud grips instead of all terrains. Again, my opinion. I wanted to hear the mudgrips sing. Partly because I am stupid, mostly because I grew up in a 4wd squarebody with bias ply Buckshot Wide Mudders and I use this truck to bring me back to my younger days.

So, the Coopers are okay but they are not great. They do look really good on The Truck and that is important. They don't pull in the gumbo mud like the Buckshots of my youth but they do okay. Mrs. Redfish doesn't complain about them so I guess they ride okay.

I picked the Cooper over the BFG because the BFG side lugs do not come all the way to the edge. I wanted the lugs to stick out like the tires I grew up using.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
No comment on tires, but if you have the option still, I’d not use Rough Country springs unless you’re after the Roughest ride possible for your money. IMO I’d spend a few bucks more on quality better riding springs if I was starting with a new lift.

antique_jdfan

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have done several things to improve the "ride quality" but this is still a solid front axle with leaf springs truck. The ride is not exactly quality...

I could not run Nitto or Toyo tires on this truck because they don't belong on it. That's a "period correct" thing and it's just my opinion. I felt this truck needed mud grips instead of all terrains. Again, my opinion. I wanted to hear the mudgrips sing. Partly because I am stupid, mostly because I grew up in a 4wd squarebody with bias ply Buckshot Wide Mudders and I use this truck to bring me back to my younger days.

So, the Coopers are okay but they are not great. They do look really good on The Truck and that is important. They don't pull in the gumbo mud like the Buckshots of my youth but they do okay. Mrs. Redfish doesn't complain about them so I guess they ride okay.

I picked the Cooper over the BFG because the BFG side lugs do not come all the way to the edge. I wanted the lugs to stick out like the tires I grew up using.
Sure, I had seen your post about removing the lower leaf from each spring pack. And I have owned many straight axle trucks so I understand how they ride. I will be doing the skyjacker 2.5 springs on mine as well. It had add-aleafs when I bought it that need to go.

I also prefer the "old school" look. I'm just hoping to find some tires that are "round". Seems like that is the main thing over the years. If a tire is true, it balances reasonably well. Thanks for the info

antique_jdfan

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I appreciate you guys answering my questions on an older thread here. I have been searching the forum trying to get an idea of what I want to do. And (thanks to the input from you guys) will definitely be ordering the 2.5 skyjacker soft ride and may even remove a leaf like redfish. As far as tires, I like the 33x12.50r15, but I am still undecided on brand at the moment. I hadn't noticed that the bfg side lugs do stop short until that was mentioned earlier. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brantley