1989 suburban AC blow pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyDan97

Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 suburban
Engine Size
Im looking for ways to get my air to blow harder the motor works good, is it possible some trash or something is obstructing the flow?

YakkoWarner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
An obstruction at the blower input is a possibility, but I'd also check your vacuum operated air doors and ensure they are working correctly, otherwise the air might be blowing great but no idea where it is coming out. On my 89 Suburban the vacuum line from the intake thru the firewall to the HVAC controls was broken - could hear the blower spinning like mad but didn't feel much.

I also have an AMC era Jeep that the air never blew worth anything (heat or AC) - turned out there was a peice of paper stuck over the inlet for the blower...wasn't much readable after 30+ years but what was still slightly visible looked like the remnants of a factory build sheet probably stuck in there since it was new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doolin