1987 GMC V1500 steering column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

punkyfrazier

Reaction score
First Name
Polly
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Hi from Virginia. Husband has a 1987 V1500 GMC 4x4 square body. He's been having some minor issues and the one he needs help with at the moment is a rebuild of his steering column. It is a non-tilt automatic. Is there any resource for instructions with diagrams (with ledger showing part name/numbers) that can be downloaded for him to reference? He's not much with computers so I access this group from time to time for information he may need. We tried a steering column out of an '86 but it's really crap so he has decided to rebuild the original. He has it disassembled but would like a diagram to make sure of all the part names and possible part numbers for replacement and to follow to make sure it's accurately re-assembled. If it includes rebuild instructions it would be helpful. For background, if it's important, 305 TBI original engine was replaced with a rebuilt 350 TBI from a 1999 Chevy R1500 and it was a major improvement. Thanks for any help y'all can give!!

punkyfrazier

Reaction score
First Name
Polly
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Thanks Britt. They are on my list to call. By the time I came across them they were already closed for the day. Couldn't get to a diagram on their website though that matched his truck so I'm hoping they can help me over the phone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tony C2290