1984 Suburban Interior Panels the go over the Fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yennerhowell

Reaction score
First Name
Melinda
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
We are restoring the squarebody Suburban and I have looked everywhere for the panels that go over the fender wells. See the photo, any help would be appreciated!
You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
They aren't reproduced. You'll either have to track down nice ones or make new ones.

Nice ones are out there for sure. But it can be very hard to find them because when a truck gets parted out, the Burb-specific stuff is of little importance to the seller. Everyone wants pickup truck parts.

496bb

Reaction score
First Name
CL
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R20
Engine Size
Another thing to consider - the Burbs with the plastic panels surrounding the windows and side panels - seem to have more issues with rust around the windows. Mine does not have the higher trim interior, and after reading about that issue I decided if anything I will build some custom panels that allow for airflow and leave the window surround metal open.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Another thing to consider - the Burbs with the plastic panels surrounding the windows and side panels - seem to have more issues with rust around the windows. Mine does not have the higher trim interior, and after reading about that issue I decided if anything I will build some custom panels that allow for airflow and leave the window surround metal open.

Have you witnessed that? I've had some REALLY rusty Suburbans, the area around the rear windows has not been an issue at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doolin