What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pinballlarry1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 6 cylinder
Refurbished my Craftsman 328.12020 2.25 ton floor jack, made in the '70s. Heavy duty, made in Japan model, $49 repair kit and 9 hours of labor spread over 3 days. This thing is heavy and has lots of tiny springs, balls, seals, washers and is well machined on the insides. Old oil was amber, new oil is clear. I tried to use it recently and it lifted, then bled down quickly. I think the rubber piston cup was worn out. After reassembly it pumped up and it's staying up. Just have to lift the end of a vehicle as make sure it holds as intended. (I'm getting too old for this stuff):
You must be registered for see images attach

Old parts replaced:

And no oil drips on the floor after 2 days.
UPDATE: jacked up the rear end of the truck, it stayed rock steady for one hour so I consider it fixed good!

Last edited:

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Built one of these setups - some have probably seen it online. FWIW...any vids you see on this setup, pay no attention to their measurements as your shop vac is probably different.

Idea is the dust 'cyclone' swirls the debris around, with air being light - it passes on while the particles drop into the bucket. When you're done, the bucket is full and the shop vac (and its filter) are untouched. Like a catch can for dirt. I tried it with drywall dust and it was UFB. Not a spec in the vac. I picked up an Eastwood dustless sander to pair with it - that works amazing but how they advertise it, it all goes into the shop vac....and plugs/destroys the ($30) filter in 1-2 uses. Really interested in how this works with the cyclone.

I’ve been tempted to build something like this for my blast cabinet. Without a vac line hooked it gets so dusty to see what you’re doing. With a vac hooked up it just about kills the vacuum because the filter gets plugged immediately.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I’m currently looking at lifts. I’m choosing between Mohawk and Challenger CL series. They are the only two actual American made lifts I can find.
I was finally able to get a lift ordered. Tons of back and forth with various companies claiming made in USA. From what I can tell, Mohawk is the only actual US made lift. Others are just bolted together here with foreign produced parts. I’m not paying a premium to someone being cryptic about their definition of made in USA.

Is it a shame that you can’t buy a reasonably priced lift made here? Yeah…but I’m not paying what Mohawk wants. They are crazy pricey, like $15,000-18,000 pricey.

I ended up with an ALI certified AMGO. I liked the arms on the AMGO. They said it’ll ship third week of June. Long wait, but will be a dream once it’s in use.

HOTFOOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc k3500 srw
Engine Size
I was finally able to get a lift ordered. Tons of back and forth with various companies claiming made in USA. From what I can tell, Mohawk is the only actual US made lift. Others are just bolted together here with foreign produced parts. I’m not paying a premium to someone being cryptic about their definition of made in USA.

Is it a shame that you can’t buy a reasonably priced lift made here? Yeah…but I’m not paying what Mohawk wants. They are crazy pricey, like $15,000-18,000 pricey.

I ended up with an ALI certified AMGO. I liked the arms on the AMGO. They said it’ll ship third week of June. Long wait, but will be a dream once it’s in use.
2 post or 4? They do come in handy. I have one of each

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lepak