Brake Booster Vacuum re-location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knep115

Reaction score
First Name
Mikel Knepley
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
Good day Y'all! I have a 1986 Silverado C10, 350, 350 turbo. I am taking my Edelbrock carb off and putting on a Quickfuel Brawler. Currently the brake booster vacuum line goes to the back of the carb. In the directions it says if the pvc valve from the valve cover goes to the carb keep it that way. OK, I can deal with that however, there is now no place to run the booster vacuum! On the back of the intake (aluminum edelbrock), there is already a line (possible from the trans? I have not traced it yet) in the only open spot to put it. What are everyone's tips and suggestions for this issue?

Thanks,
Mike

85K304SPD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Run your brake booster to the one on the back of the carburetor and get a combination vacuum fitting for the manifold for the PCV, heater control and automatic transmission. Get a short one so it clears the bowl on the carb. You may need a spacer under the carb. Something like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpickett1981