Air Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YO MUDA

Reaction score
First Name
Jimi
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I dont want air. I need the heater. How much of the air system on the firewall can I remove without hurting the heater?

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
the canister, the core inside for the a/c lines, the condensor in front of the rad, the lines, the compressor, then you can chop off the a/c part of the box if you can rework it and cover the hole once done.

If you remove the vac. ball and lines it won't open the flaps inside, the box inside has doors and flaps in it to divert to other areas.

You of course need to leave the blower motor, the heater core, lines and resistor.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If you are wanting it to look neat and clean, you might wanna swap the firewall box with a non AC truck and make it look like factory no AC that way. You can also swap the controller. Its not hard to take it out and swap it. Might even find someone with a Non AC truck willing to trade you. JMO

BTW Muda. Welcom to GMSB. Hang out a bit, and share your ride and experiences about your SB. :waytogo:

YO MUDA

Reaction score
First Name
Jimi
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Thanks for the great info guys, and the welcome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starlinstephens