1989 TBI to Proflo4 conversion -Throttle - TV Cable - Cruise Control hookup ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twistedgmt400

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
What I am working on.
1989 K1500 Automatic 700r4 - 5.7 TBI motor converted to Edelbrock Proflo4. Most everything worked out great with this kit. With a few exceptions. I will list those below for those who might want to take on this conversion.

My issue is the new throttle body does not come with Studs to mount any of the cables. I have the edelbrock 8041 kit they sell to mount the cables. They sent me one stud for the old style throttle cable. AKA the one with the ball on the end. So where do I go from here? The Studs on the TBI are riveted on. With the exception of one. The one that is removable, is way to big of a thread to fit into the holes on the Proflo4 throttle body.

So I am looking for 1 stud to fit the stock 1989 Chevy TBI throttle cable. 1 stud to fit the stock TV cable for 700r4. 1 stud for the stock GM 1989 cruise control.

I will be posting pictures later when I get home. I know Holley sells a bunch of studs for carburetors, but the list is over 500 items.

Thank you in advance.

David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64