WTB Big Block AC brackets for A6 compressor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronze Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Wanted AC brackets for the A6 compressor to mount it to the 454 Big block. I know it's an old compressor and there are better options out there, but I'm trying to do this on the cheap (less than $1000) and I already have an A6 compressor and hoses for it.

But I need brackets.

From my research, it seems like there are two sets of big block brackets for the A6 one that was used from 74 up to 84/85 and then one set that was 85/91. I'm a bit screwed because My truck is a 1985 BUT it was a factory 6.2 Diesel, however, before I got the truck someone swapped in a 454 (from a 73 truck, block casting #3999289 casting date A1273), and then heads on it appear to be from a 1966 Corvette (casting #3872702). So I'm just going to put out the call for anyone who might have them. Let me know what you got and how much you want for them.

I particularly need ones that go on the front of the engine/heads and the one that bolts the to intake manifold. I believe there is also a piece that comes off the back that then goes down to the exhaust manifold I would like to get this as well but seeing as I have headers on my truck I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it.

Bronze Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Never mind I got them off of Craigslist. Was $125 shipped. No did not have all the bolts but i dug around my box of bolts and got it mocked up. As I expected the rear lower bracket does not fit with the heddders on and the heads themselves are missing a boss (the rear most one above cylinder 3). I’ve got some ideas on how to fix that but I’ll make another thread in the correct section when I get around to that.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
84K30dually