Side Marker Gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scenic760

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Hey All!

So the big dog is coming home from the paint shop (after almost a year, I didn't push it as I had other things to deal with) and I'm trying to get everything I need to put it back together. I got the full weatherstrip kit from Precision and the body guys got that going but I realized how much stuff is NOT in that kit...glass setting tape/gaskets/etc..

I was trying to find a side marker gasket for a 1981 Suburban but it does not appear one exists? I have the replacement lens and there is no gasket attached and I have searched a few (LMC, Classic, etc) catalogs and do not see a gasket for anything over a 1980...

I can't see this not getting sealed somehow?

Attachments

• IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1530.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 8

Robert Bare

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
They are in a recess, don't think I have ever seen gaskets on them. They fit 81-91.

scenic760

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
I don't have it back yet to check, but it seems like at the very least the metal trim would be scratching the paint?

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Just throwing this out there- I wonder if you could go to the screen door aisle in a hardware store and take some rubber thin rope and make one, or maybe a sheet of rubber gasket material and cut your own? Shouldn’t be too hard to make something on your own.

scenic760

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Just throwing this out there- I wonder if you could go to the screen door aisle in a hardware store and take some rubber thin rope and make one, or maybe a sheet of rubber gasket material and cut your own? Shouldn’t be too hard to make something on your own.

Yeah...I have some self adhesive foam made for appliances I was going to use if I couldn't find something..just seemed weird everywhere else there is a gasket but not at this particular exterior light..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brantley