Power/Charging Port Issue:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walstw01

Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
When my boys built my truck, they added an under-dash phone charging port, wired through a switch to the accessory pin in the fuse block. When I plug in my charger and connect it to my phone, it does not charge it. It will charge their phones just fine, but my phone is one of the newer ones that requires the 3-amp charger. I also have an ”Otto the Automatic Wireless Phone Charging Holder” (has sensors to automatically open and close the arms that grip the phone, along with built-in wireless charging). The charging port doesn’t supply enough power to operated the wireless charging phone holder either. I thought there was a possibility of the port they installed being the limiting factor, so I bought one that was rated to 7-amps and replaced the cigarette lighter/power port in the ashtray/spare change storage bin. Still no luck. Any ideas on what I should look for? Possibility of corrosion in fuse block limiting power? I’m at a loss …

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-26 091401.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-09-26 091401.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YardPickerUpper