Newby in Western Wisconsin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiloner

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hello! Been lurking and reading posts for a bit now. I have 1977 C10 Scottsdale that's an all stock true survivor. I have resisted making any changes to it but I think a few mods would help in the looks department. Tires, wheels and MAYBE a slight change in stance is in order. A later small diameter steering wheel with a beefier rim is going on as soon as I find one. The cruise and A/C work so it's an excellent freeway ride. Ill be looking for advice here.
You must be registered for see images attach

Backfoot100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Carbed 350
Holy Crap.....How cool is that old girl? How in the Sam Hell does that still look that good from WI in stock form??????? It had to have been stored every winter. Hell it might have been stored since pretty much brand new.
Mileage?

wiloner

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
135,000. You're right about winter storage Backfoot100. I'm the second owner.
The first bought it to tow his boat to the lake every summer and stored it every winter. EVERY winter!! It's life has been so easy that it still sports the exhaust system in came with new. Hard to believe but I verified it.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
:welcome: from northern IL!

Wow! That is a beauty! I love the color too! What's that ID tag thingy next to the wiper switch? And that turn signal switch. I've just seen them as little sticks. Even mine with cruise is a little stick. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Backfoot100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Carbed 350
135,000. You're right about winter storage Backfoot100. I'm the second owner. The first bought it to tow his boat to the lake every summer and stored it every winter. EVERY winter!! It's life has been so easy that it still sports the exhaust system in came with new. Hard to believe but I verified it.

Awesome find. I can relate. Towed my boat and snowmobiles from the Oconomowoc area up to Minoqua more times than I could ever count with my old '88 Sub.
I was born and raised there til 15 yrs. ago. Now a floridian and I can barefoot year round.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
I'd bet that little sticker thingy is a service record or reminder that some dealers installed for the customer to remember to return to them for service. The turn signal lever looks like it' for an aftermarket cruise control.

wiloner

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Cruise control was dealer installed in August of 1977. Dealer also installed an auxiliary trans cooler. Truck was then taken to an accessory shop for the topper, receiver hitch and electric brake controller. It was a big boat.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Hello! Been lurking and reading posts for a bit now. I have 1977 C10 Scottsdale that's an all stock true survivor. I have resisted making any changes to it but I think a few mods would help in the looks department. Tires, wheels and MAYBE a slight change in stance is in order. A later small diameter steering wheel with a beefier rim is going on as soon as I find one. The cruise and A/C work so it's an excellent freeway ride. Ill be looking for advice here.
ABSOLUTE BEAUTY!!! What is between the wiper switch and column? And i REALLY like the chrome in the gauge bezel!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
135,000. You're right about winter storage Backfoot100. I'm the second owner.
The first bought it to tow his boat to the lake every summer and stored it every winter. EVERY winter!! It's life has been so easy that it still sports the exhaust system in came with new. Hard to believe but I verified it.
You stepped in **** and came out smelling like a rose! CONGRATS on that find!!!! Wish i was that lucky!!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
:welcome: from northern IL!

And that turn signal switch. I've just seen them as little sticks. Even mine with cruise is a little stick. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
Great catch!!! I zoomed in lookin at the dash and missed that turn lever!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Cruise control was dealer installed in August of 1977. Dealer also installed an auxiliary trans cooler. Truck was then taken to an accessory shop for the topper, receiver hitch and electric brake controller. It was a big boat.
Do you have any pics of the cruise parts installed under the hood if any??

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
The whole truck is beautiful. Really like the period correct Kelsey-Hayes electric brake controller. In my opinion, no current electronic electric brake controllers match it's smooth operation when dialed in correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crink101177