Need correct core support if my headlights are "dual headlights" with the high under the lowbeams or is dual side by side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big _Betsy_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
350ci
It seems like both are "dual headlights" just with one having the lights next to each other and the other (like mine) one on top of the other. I am looking at LMC truck parts # 32-2547-T or # 32-2548-T. I think mine is single with the separate turn signal with one over the other headlights. I think I want part # 32-2547-T. Does anyone know for sure? All the pictures of the online products and in the mags look the same.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
What???? I do not understand what you are asking.

Big _Betsy_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
350ci
Why are there two different part numbers? What is the difference? Clearly the difference has to be the way the headlights fasten to the core support otherwise it wouldn't be mentioned in the LMC thuck. The problem is they do not specify which one is pictured in the catelog. I can compair it to the rusty one I have and I do need the one pictured it is just ambiguous which particular part number it is.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Why are there two different part numbers? What is the difference? Clearly the difference has to be the way the headlights fasten to the core support otherwise it wouldn't be mentioned in the LMC thuck. The problem is they do not specify which one is pictured in the catelog. I can compair it to the rusty one I have and I do need the one pictured it is just ambiguous which particular part number it is.
What are you trying to accomplish? Just a stock replacement for your core support,or are tryingbfor a different style? Some trucks only had a single square headlight with a marker light below it. That may be the other part number. The truck in your pic needs this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-10-12_230018.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-12_230018.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 9

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
For dual headlight set ups, side by side vs top and bottom depends on the year. Horizontal and vertical dual set ups were not both available for a given year.

It sounds like you’re wanting to convert to a dual light set up from a different year than you currently have. You need to identify (and state) the desired year. If you don’t see a clear part listing call LMC.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
For an '84 with quad headlights you want the earlier "dual" headlight part (81-87) that has the four headlights vertically stacked and the directionals in the grille.

32-2548-T

If you only have two headlights total and the directionals are under the lights and not in the grille, then you want the "single" headlight part

32-2547-T

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
84K30dually