I have this other Square body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattsk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
This was my old Chevy, I've had this truck for a long time. I originally bought it to plow my work parking lot, got it pretty cheap about 13 years ago. Long story short, I wanted to restore it but the cab was pretty rough. The previous owner put new rockers and cab corners in it, but didn't do a stellar job at it

I ended up finding a great deal on a solid 2wd c10 truck from Oregon, and the guy had a perfect 4wd frame and sold me both for pretty cheap. So I took the drivetrain out of this Chevy and used it with the frame I got and c10 body for my current truck. I also had a rotted out Blazer that I used for plowing, ran good but the frame and body were shot, so I pulled the axles and suspension out of it and put it in this old truck (10 bolt axles).

This truck just sits now (no engine, the engine needs rebuilt). I miss playing in the mud, but I won't take my current truck in the mud because it's too nice. My thought is to make a dedicated trail rig out of this one. I'll sell the bed and make a flatbed, possibly 4 link with coil overs, relocate a gas tank to the back, etc.

It is a long bed, possibly shorten the frame but not sure yet. Basically just thinking out loud here and looking for suggestions. I will need to weld new cab mounts, these are pretty rough. What would you guys do with it? This will never be a show truck, so having something I can pound on and not shed a tear when I hit a boulder and fill it up with mud would be great.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78crustdumdlux