edelbrock avs2 650

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertWichert

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Cheyenne
Engine Size
I'd still appreciate knowing where others have set their jets and rods for similar engines. If you have any knowledge of that, I'd appreciate your sharing. If not, that's OK too.

The last time I had a vacuum gage on it, it had plenty of vacuum at idle and it dropped as I added throttle, like it should.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I'd still appreciate knowing where others have set their jets and rods for similar engines. If you have any knowledge of that, I'd appreciate your sharing. If not, that's OK too.

The last time I had a vacuum gage on it, it had plenty of vacuum at idle and it dropped as I added throttle, like it should.
Have you checked the vacuum advance? Went about 4 pages deep on another thread getting 4mpg on his 350 when he finally checked and replaced his vacuum advance cannister his milage went to 8mpg. Could have done better by picking the proper vacuum advance but the point is check the vacuum advance,and centrifugal advance. Carbureators are so over blamed for ignition problems.

Last edited:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I had hard start issues with the edelbrock 1406 so I swapped it out with a quadrajet and then start up is easy. Straight out the box. Just had to adjust electric choke. This is when I pulled it off the old 305 and put it on the 454 because it had a crappy 1406 on it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB