Custom engine bays.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
So I have a question.

Who has a custom engine bay?

I have been searching the interwebs for a while and all I ever see is the same old custom bays. We are looking at trying something to clean ours up. We want to keep it kinda stock but look clean. Most anything I can find is images of lowered trucks. Shaved firewalls and brake boosters. I just want it clean.

I will post some idea pics we are kind of thinking using for our reference.

Not out truck by any means YET!..

Show me something.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220905-093116_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220905-093116_Chrome.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20220905-093057_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220905-093057_Chrome.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 35
  • used-1984-chevrolet-silverado-showtruck-8031-19214341-62-1024.jpg
    used-1984-chevrolet-silverado-showtruck-8031-19214341-62-1024.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 34

dhartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
That looks great... I was thinking about using filler panels for the fenders I don't personally like all the holes.

dhartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Any more takers to send some pics of the custom under hoods of your trucks. What do you do to stand out.

We want to paint match and do some sheet metal work to help clean it up even more. I'm not looking to go Kindig or anything. Hiding every wire. Just want it nice and clean looking. Might lengthen this wire or shorten that hose kinda stuff.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I’ll share,

I did a semi-shaved firewall by welding in the vintage air adapter, eliminating the blower motor hole, added an aftermarket wiper motor that’s smaller, tack welded the seam, & welding up any unnecessary holes before smearing some body filler. I left the stock wiring bulkhead, brake booster support, and pinch seams basically stock.

Semi-shaved inner fenders by tack welding sheet metal plugs in all (most) of the holes. Also added a tube to act like a cool air inlet for the air box.

My dad smoothed the factory wheel tubs by cutting and hammering down all of the bumps for the jack and tools.

You must be registered for see images attach

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Here’s the fender shave in progress, basically just cut som metal to fill any visible holes, knocked the high spots off of the welds, and finger swiped some body filler in the gaps so it would look nice.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
I’ll share,

I did a semi-shaved firewall by welding in the vintage air adapter, eliminating the blower motor hole, added an aftermarket wiper motor that’s smaller, tack welded the seam, & welding up any unnecessary holes before smearing some body filler. I left the stock wiring bulkhead, brake booster support, and pinch seams basically stock.

Semi-shaved inner fenders by tack welding sheet metal plugs in all (most) of the holes. Also added a tube to act like a cool air inlet for the air box.

My dad smoothed the factory wheel tubs by cutting and hammering down all of the bumps for the jack and tools.

I was going to quote you into this but you beat me to it lol

dhartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
I’ll share,

Thats what I'm talking about this looks fantastic. It's so clean. Love this!

dhartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Here’s the fender shave in progress, basically just cut som metal to fill any visible holes, knocked the high spots off of the welds, and finger swiped some body filler in the gaps so it would look nice.

I was planning on doing the same thing in the fenders. Great minds think alike.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
Don't know if I'd say custom but I did a CVF serpentine system and painted the valve covers/breather to match the truck and cleaned up the wiring a bit.
Looks better in person.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Don't know if I'd say custom but I did a CVF serpentine system and painted the valve covers/breather to match the truck and cleaned up the wiring a bit.
Looks better in person.

And then you ruined it all with the position of that screw clamp on the radiator hose. Just kidding,lol. I honestly have friends like that. I won a million dollars!!!! You know you're going to have to pay a bunch of taxes on that don't you?.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
And then you ruined it all with the position of that screw clamp on the radiator hose. Just kidding,lol. I honestly have friends like that. I won a million dollars!!!! You know you're going to have to pay a bunch of taxes on that don't you?.
Now I will have to go home and reposition it - for real. I think all the others are turned with the smooth side facing the viewing side. :emotions122:
I hate those clamps but couldn't find the squeeze type. Also not a huge fan of that type of hose but couldn't find one shaped like I liked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BSims