Blower motor date codes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wazzabie

Reaction score
First Name
Wazzabie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Are there date codes on the Delco fan blower motors? I see some numbers stamped but I don't know what it means.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I'd be shocked if there were

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
They tend to be treated like consumables, any codes on them likely indicate origin of manufacture rather than date of manufacture. You can use clues to determine whether or not it may be original to vehicle. Two big giveaways are the condition of exterior finish and condition of the plastic "squirrel cage" portion. Another sign is the condition of the screw heads, you can often find subtle marks and signs that one has been removed.

85K304SPD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
On a rare 60's Camaro it would be a thing to have, on a 70s square body, whatever the parts store has. Not many would probably give it a second thought or look as long as it works.
Why are you asking?

Wazzabie

Reaction score
First Name
Wazzabie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
On a rare 60's Camaro it would be a thing to have, on a 70s square body, whatever the parts store has. Not many would probably give it a second thought or look as long as it works.
Why are you asking?
I'm interested if the part is original to the K5. I have an original 70s K5 unused spare tire and rim which is date coded. I don't need the original tire but I've kept it. Maybe someone one would want the tire. I would give it away for free... if not then I'm about to toss it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outrageous